Friday 10 June 2011

Friday Cover Up - Kinky Lanegan & His Golden Girl


This is actually one of the best covers I have heard in a very very long time - Ex Screaming Tree Mark Lanegan's smoky, booze-drenched, Gothic blues drudgery of Brit poppers The Kinks' 'Nothing In the World Can Stop Me Worrying About My Girl'. It is beautiful, just beautiful - quite Waits-ish also... Anyway, its a sublime way to sign off for the week. Im off to see some brilliant Brisbane acts - Scul Hazzards, No Anchor, Turnpike and Martyr Privates - I will be deaf tomorrow with a grin etched permanently into my beer-drenched face. And Ill put this on ad nauseum until I can bring a drink to my lips and do it all again. Adios.

Mark Lanegan - Nothing In The World Can Stop Me Worrying About That Girl (Kinks cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment