Monday 2 February 2015

Naomi Is A Television Punk


Naomi Punk is the other band getting me through this miserable night (that and some baked chicken, tomato, olives, lemon, garlic and thyme on rice - because I like to cook and the kitchen is super warm - and gallons of Lemsip). They brought out 2nd album Television Man through Captured Tracks last year, and it is the type of dirty garage punk with a glossed, glazed edge that I absolutely love. There is a grunge growl here that reminds me of a band like True Widow - albeit with the more angular brood that those Copenhagen kids brandish with such wanton disdain. If you missed this record last year - and I have to admit that aside from hearing 'Firehose Face' over a venue PA in December, I did - then you need to hunt this down. It's bloody great.








No comments:

Post a Comment