Wednesday 21 April 2010

Dan Deacon mallets Owen Pallett - and yet Lewis still takes his shirt off...

I reviewed Owen Pallett's newie, Heartland, a few weeks ago just before I fled the country for the sunnier climes of Australia (not for tax evasion...just evasion in general - and I even have Nature on my side - thanks freakish Icelandic glacier volcano!). It is a goodie, and would be on high rotation if I hadnt forgotten to load it onto the Ipod. So I went a-searchin to try and get me a taste of Pallett - and found this undeniable gem. The doppleganger of the dead hypnotist in Office Space, the lovechild of Dr Marvin Munroe and Comic Book Store Guy, and the harbinger of all things geekily danctastic, Dan Deacon (who put on one of my all time fave gigs - EVER! - last year at ULU) has gotten his sweaty mitts on the standout Heartland track "Lewis Takes His Shirt Off", adding two minutes on to the track length and infusing it with even more toe tapping craziness. In short, it fucking rocks. Now, I wonder what the lovechild of Dan Deacon and Owen Pallett would look like...

No comments:

Post a Comment