Friday 18 October 2013

VIDEO VACUUM - Bushwalking, Violent Soho, Chicks Who Love Guns, Naked Maja

No preamble today, straight into the (full Oz) audio visual goodness...



Let's take a boat out on the bay with Bushwalking. The Melbourne trio can't walk on water (as far as I'm aware) but they can head out into Sydney Harbour and serenade you, topping it all off with a gourmet picnic and sun amongst the trees. 'In My Hair' comes fresh off their No Enter release. Definitely an exciting proposition - now about that show in Brisbane...



Speaking of Brisbane, Violent Soho just keep kicking goals don't they? Here is the video for latest single off their Hungry Ghost LP, 'Covered In Chrome.' All filmed at bassist Luke Henery's place, with some bite-sized cameos from the likes of Simon from DZ Deathrays, its a frenetic, cathartic one-take headbanger for the whole family. Really takes me back to my teenage angst-ridden days, hunkered in the darkness of my room, a green light bulb and my broiling thoughts...ha. Just don't go burning down that Hills Hoist just yet - it IS bushfire season after all...



Another band delving elbow deep into the grunge is Chicks Who Loves Guns, and their clip for 'Pencil Neck' is an oft-explored one - pour liquids and foods all over people. Yet as with most videos of its kind, it's a hell of a lot of fun, there is a lot of multicolours and love being spread around, and the song really goes for it, no holds barred. Bonus - these types of videos always remind me of You Can't Do That On Television. Please tell me there are people reading this who remember this...





Finally we come back home to Brisbane and Naked Maja. I spoke about their new single '#59' on Wednesday, and here is the video for their last single 'Take'. Filled with lustrous waifs lounging around in ethereal, gauche or suburban surroundings, it's all ambiguous, mysterious stuff - like Picnic At Hanging Rock remade by Sofia Coppola. Not that I'd want to see that - I'm much happier that we have this in our lives. This debut album from the band is looking to be an absolute corker...

No comments:

Post a Comment