Friday 11 May 2012

Friday Cover Up - Humanoids Get Super Sedated


I'm not sure what you guys will think of this. Hell, I'm not even sure I like it. But the premise of the Friday Cover Up has always been to highlight versions of songs that are infinitely different, or that the band makes their own. This version of the Ramones' classic is certainly the former. However, Superhumanoids are a band well-versed in crafting weird soundscapes that defies categorisation, so really any track they attack will be skewed into some other beast altogether. This track is offers dreamy inertia - the sedation is well and truly in effect. The best thing (and this is entirely my own opinion) is that they do make it their own - because it's a totally new song. People will cry defamation and high treason, holler bloody murder - but if you are gonna take on the greats, don't try to match it. My hat is tipped, Superhumanoids

Hate mail is encouraged, children...

Superhumanoids - I Wanna Be Sedated (Ramones cover)

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment