Friday 19 August 2011

A Unitopian Since The Womb


Hey guys and gals! Yep, Yep, it's been a week between drinks, and I apologise heartily. Sometimes that bullshit known as LIFE gets in the way of a good time. So I am back and ready to make it up to y'all, and starting with this absolute gem that me and my friends have been smashing the past fortnight. They are a band called Wombs - a tough Google search that one... Their album, Unitopians, has been out for a year, yet its likely you haven't heard it - and it is fucking amazing. Consisting of Jayson, drummer of noise sugar rush Cloud Nothings, Wombs have taken their skewed brand of noise pop and added a helluva lot of drone, garage rock, and lack of meds. The result is wicked glory, something akin to a deranged summer afro jam between The Dirtbombs and Wolf Parade. Its a bizarre concoction, and yet it's like drinking for the first time - bitter, a little sordid, but goddamn if I dont wanna do this for the rest of my life...


Grab Unitopians here. How awesome is that cover art? How awesome is that vinyl design? How awesome is their sound? How awesome???

Wombs - Protein Shake
Wombs - Hearts & Lungs

No comments:

Post a Comment