Sunday 3 February 2013

The Men Are Electric

 
The Men played in Brisbane as part of this year’s Laneway Festival, which also featured the likes of Cloud Nothings, Japandroids and Twerps. It was quite a good lineup. I was supposed to go. Alas, what has stopped me from going to most gigs the past three weeks – the fact I’ve just had major surgery, and cant do much for a sustained period of time without wanting to collapse – stopped me from attending. The Men are really killing at the moment, and I hope I get a chance to actually see them live in the near future.

At least I have the Electric/Water Babies 7” to soothe my troubled soul, with the nearby release of their New Moon LP to come out on Sacred Bones very soon. If you have seen The Men, leave your experience in the comments below – it may hurt, but I need to know, and it’s no worse than losing an organ…right?

 
Get the 7" here.

The Men – Electric

No comments:

Post a Comment