Friday 6 February 2015

Hey Colossus Won't Disappear In Black & Gold


I really wanted to head along to the Lexington tomorrow night to catch the launch of sonic madmen Hey Colossus' new album, In Black And Gold. I am heading along to the Disappears show at The Lexington tonight instead (sorry guys - double booked!) which will (hopefully) be a killer show in itself - but if this album is anything to go by, that show will go all Scanners on people, painting the venue red with exploded heads. It isn't as all-out batshit crazy as their brilliant album of 2013 Cuckoo Live Life Like Cuckoo, but there is a tempered aggression held here that underscores a more deliberated and calibrated cerebral attack. It starts off with 'Hold On' which is all contemplative, a mystical drift more akin to the Jason Pierce end of psychedelia - but don't worry, the darkness returns with the cantankerous yet plodding march of 'Sisters and Brothers', a syncopated stutter imbued with thunder that Pere Ubu have mined of late. 'Hey, Dead Eyes, Up!' strikes a balance between blues-addled excess and Monster Magnet-fried excess - the two excesses finely complementing each other - and all just over three minutes in fermentation. 'Wired_Brainless' is as meticulous in its lurking in the shadows creep as it is ludicrous; 'Black And Gold' takes a closer take to doom before dragging it out into the desert and burying it up to its neck; 'Lagos Atom' is a synapse surge of bio-engineered horror; 'Eat It' is Black Sabbath for the 21st century unhinged maniac. Closer 'Sinking, Feeling' owes as much to the Spaghetti Western gunslingers as it does to the molten earth axe-slingers. It is all a much more studied and serious release - but then again, this is Hey Colossus we are talking about here. Short, tethered, acutely focused - but you can't escape the gurning insanity that lies therein.


4 comments:


  1. Are you business man/woman, politician, musician, soccer player or
    student and you want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You
    can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Illuminati. With this
    all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish
    It's optional to join the most powerful secret society in the world
    Illuminati, Order Accepted Worldwide or call the agent
    on(+447031946556) or +2347032073721 you will be guided through the
    whole process and be helped on how to join the occult.
    To Join the Illuminati family originally called the ILLUMINATE ORDER;
    explore the ends of riches…..I extend an open invitation to all those
    who agree with the concept of individual rights to apply to join the
    Illuminati Order. The more members it has, the greater its influence
    will be. Join the world of the happiest and most influenced people in
    the world and be the first to join in your community and spread the
    word of the famous BRUNT WALTER . Call (+447031946556) or
    +2347032073721 to Join the Illuminati family.
    Famous illuminate members
    Below is a list of famous illuminate members (both alleged & proven evidence)
    ? Aalyiah-illiminati
    ? Adele-illuminati
    ? Alicia-keys illuminate
    ? Barrack Obama- illuminati
    ? Beyoncé Knowles-illuminati
    ? The Pope illuminati
    ? Queen Elizabeth II illuminati
    ? George Soros illuminati
    ? Ben Bernanke illuminati
    ? George W. Bush illuminati
    ? Jay-Z illuminati
    ? Kanye West illuminati
    ? Rihanna illuminati
    ? Bob Dylan illuminati
    ? Beyoncé illuminati
    ? Lady Gaga illuminati
    ? Jim Carrey illuminati
    ? Willow Smith illuminati
    ? Nelson Mandela illuminate
    And many more. For more enquiries contact the country godfather agent on
    (+447031946556) or +2347032073721 or email joinilluminati618@gmail.com
    if you want to add on whatsapp add +2347032073721

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELCOME TO THE GRATE WORLD OF THE ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD) Where all your heart desire are granted and power over all things in the world (To join, Whatsapp the illuminati temple on: +2349033255083 this is well know fact that the illuminati church consist of multi billionaires and have power, weath, riches and be a famous person in the world.
      Join the illuminati brotherhood today to be rich and famous in life, a free home anywhere you choose to live in the world and also get 300,000,000 Euro monthly as a salary...
      If you are interested please kindly contact the great illuminati temple on that E-mail below illuminati666headoffice@gmail.com or whatsapp the great illuminati temple on: +2349033255083

      BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI.
      A Cash Reward of USD 500,000,000 EURO
      A New Sleek Dream CAR valued to new members
      A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice
      One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination.
      One year Golf Membership package
      A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World
      A total Lifestyle change
      Access to Bohemian Grove
      Monthly payment of 90,000,000 EURO into your bank account every month as a member
      One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities in the World.
      Tell us little about yourself...
      email us. illuminati666headoffice@gmail.com or whatsapp the great illuminati temple on +2349033255083

      Delete
  2. Welcome to brotherhood Illuminati where you can become
    rich famous and popular and your life story we be change
    totally my name is Dan Jerry I am here to share my
    testimony on how I join the great brotherhood Illuminati
    and my life story was change immediately . I was very poor
    no job and I has no money to even feed and take care of my
    family I was confuse in life I don’t know what to do I try all
    my possible best to get money but no one work out for me
    each day I share tears, I was just looking out my family no
    money to take care of them until one day I decided to join
    the great Illuminati , I come across them in the internet I
    never believe I said let me try I email them.all what they
    said we happen in my life just started it was like a dream to
    me they really change my story totally . They give me the
    sum of $1,200,000 and many thing. through the Illuminati I
    was able to become rich, and have many industry on my
    own and become famous and popular in my country , today
    me and my family is living happily and I am the most
    happiest man here is the opportunity for you to join the
    Illuminati and become rich and famous in life and be like
    other people and you life we be change totally.If you are
    interested in joining the great brotherhood Illuminati.then
    contact him +2348106618681 or for more information +1(705)8062021
    email:illuminatibrotherpowerful@gmail.com or you need my assistance
    email:danjerry04@gmail.com...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BECOME A MEMBER AND RECEIVE $10M INSTANTLY INTO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT FROM THE LORD MASTER.
    Do not hesitate to contact us
    WhatsApp +1(959)2210429
    Email: benefitfornewmembers@gmail.com
    HAIL THE LIGHT!!!
    ALL NEW MEMBER ARE WELCOME TO RECEIVE THEIR BENEFITS TO PAY THEIR BILLS.

    ReplyDelete