Wednesday 24 July 2013

Feeding Cake to Bird Names


I went to my one-year-old niece's birthday party this weekend. There was a million kids (at rough estimate) running around eating cake in a giant sandpit. They were all constantly picking things up, shaking them, staring at them and laughing out of sheer joy. It mesmerized me. I had no idea what was going on in their heads. I feel the same way about Bird Names: they fascinate me. They strike me as never having lost that feeling of the awe in exploration and creation. You know the feeling, right? The one kids have until we learn them out of it. Don't despair though, the school of Bird Names is built from hand-made multi-coloured quilts, they have a class where kids can choose their own monikers - and everyone is allowed to eat cake!



You can get your icing-covered hands on an (individually painted!) copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment