Friday 29 October 2010

Sun Araw where has winter taken you?


I used to be right on the ball with Magic Lantern and Sun Araw's releases. As Sun Araw, Cameron Stallones has been rather prolific with his output, and I've lapped every single release up...until On Patrol, his fifth Sun Araw long player. I knew of On Patrol but I've taken an age to get round to listening to it. Its rough smothered dub aesthetic was well worth the wait though. Anyway, so in keeping with the new trend, I've been slow off the mark with Sun Araw's follow up E.P Off Duty. I've been slouching out to the thundering slurred noise of 'Last Chants' since the E.P dropped back in August, have I got my mits on the whole slice of wax? No, have I posted about it? No, fail all round. So here it is, a taste, Sun Araw's UK tour dates and the vid for Deep Cover taken from On Patrol. Better late than never, its well worth your time.

Sun Araw - Last Chants

UK Tour dates:
11/16 Bristol - Arnolfini (Sun Araw vs. Fellini's Satyricon)

11/17 London - Camp w/Zun Zun Egui, Hype Williams

11/18 Brighton - Hector's House w/Zun Zun Egui, Peep Holes

11/20 Nottingham - The Arts Organization w/Zun Zun Egui 

11/21 Manchester - Islington Mill w/Zun Zun Egui, GNOD
11/22 Glasgow - Arts Centre w/Zun Zun Egui, Blue Sabbath Black Figi
11/23 Leeds - Brudenell Social Club w/Zun Zun Egui, Runners, Quwack Quack


DEEP COVER - SUN ARAW from Brian Davila on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment