Wednesday 27 October 2010

Shield Your Eyes from this...


How have I not posted about Shield Your Eyes' latest L.P Theme From Kindness yet? In all honesty I've been meaning to post about this prolific post-hardcore London trio for months. They've just got a 'full' release for Theme From Kindness a week ago, although I happily separated with my dosh months ago when I saw Shield Your Eyes put in a riotous, compact set, supporting Action Beat and Stig Noise (yeah I know, what a line-up) at The Macbeth, a tour that also included a date in Oxford courtesy of Poor Girl Noise. In short it seems to have taken a while for their latest 12" to see the light of day it truly deserves - but there's a fourth album coming right on its heels.

But I get ahead of myself. Shield Your Eyes have been around for a while, this being their third L.P in as many years. If you're looking for a slap in the face of indescribable melodic, post-hardcore noise to wake you up on a Wednesday morning then Shield Your Eyes should be right up your street. Out on Saddam Hussein Records (read the intro, its genius) Theme From Kindness is a steal at nine quid for the 12 inches of beastly lo-fi guitar riffs and grinding time changes.

The band are currently touring Europe, then are hooking up with Don Vito for a shed load of UK dates including an awesome sounding Saddam Hussein Records night with Don Vito and Cuss Words at The Old Blue Last, November 23rd.

Shield Your Eyes - Too Little Has Been Good For The Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment