Thursday 20 March 2014

Bad Sleeping Patterns - Helm and Spyros Polychronopoulos



This post should be much longer. I've been lecturing, planning a couple new Sonic Masala releases, packing for the Roku Music tour (Sydney/Newcastle, see you in a bit), setting up some upcoming Sonic Masala gigs...and I'm struggling with sleep. So I'm trying to drift off now. But the music I've chosen is likely to give me nightmares - the cryptic, sinuous piano explorations of Spyros Polychronopoulos (Piano Acts, out through Room40), and the industrial droning scree of Helm (this year's The Hollow Organ EP on PAN). Still, these nightmares are likely to be the most profound and vivid - so I'll risk it. Abstract and beautiful - like watching crystal shatter in slow motion, or the sun disintegrate, one black spot at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment