Monday 11 June 2012

Creeping Away From Twins' Island Lair


Sorry about the downtime guys - I've been quite waylaid with work and illness the past five days, and although I'm not back on deck, I have a day in bed recovering which would be much better spent listening to and writing about music, no? So I thought I'd start today's list of posts with Island Twins, a NY trio whose loud and fuzzy guitar pop is irreverent and filled with sugar-coated hooks that are likely to leave you with an ice-cream brain freeze. The trio - bro and sis duo Erik and Meagan Brauer and drummer Tony Del Cid - have had their fair share of lovers - Consequence Of Sound is certainly championing their cause - and there is something lopsided and throwaway about this album that makes it a perfect listen for lovers of 90s guitar pop, especially the excellent 'The Wolf's Lair' that reminds me so much of Gaslight Radio that I tear up, wishing there were more bands of their ilk coming into the spotlight.


Island Twins is out now, grab it on green vinyl for a tenner here!

Island Twins - Creepaway
Island Twins - The Wolf's Lair
Island Twins - Lying In State

No comments:

Post a Comment