Wednesday 13 July 2011

I Lost My Acid Glasses In A Pale Garden


Memphis weirdo Acid Glasses impressed earlier this year with Polnara Setera, and Stroll On Records report that the band are following that up with a 7” this September. There is no doubt that the solo artist (AKA Nick Burk) specializes in a warped sense of pop perversion, and on ‘My Pale Garden’ he has effectively eschewed a couple of bands’ musical tropes – the Beatles’ White Album era stomping arpeggios, the Dandy Warhols’ slurred slacker vocals – by chipmunking the chorus and then dropping it down a transparent well for Ariel Pink to play with, the end result being radiant and distant at the same time. As I said, its warped, but it’s damned likable. Where Acid Glasses will shoot for next is anyone’s guess – but he is surely grabbing everyone’s attention.

Acid Glasses – My Pale Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment